With winters knocking on the main door and with daylight packing its bag and getting ready to leave the season of pellet lovers is soon to be here so it’s time for the beginners to practices its time that all the questions of the grilling lovers get solved its no more the time where you still and think how your pellet smoker works its time to gather the technical stuff that you would require its time you gather all your questions and sit in front of your laptop because here your questions are going to be answered . love grilled/smoked food? Want to Love grilling? Do you have a pellet smoker? Want to be a pellet head or Are you a pellet head for some reason? Don’t know how to get started? no need to worry first of all keep the top aside and just open the bottom hole of the grill you would need a lot of air as air is needed to get your pellets in order to start burning fire actually to start burning strong, even fire. Lighting hardwood is not much different than lighting a charcoal grill in the beginning of the cold season. All the details are giving below.
• Do keep your stove’s power off; you need to fir the stove hopper till the upper edge with hardwoods A.K.A pellets.
• Open the door of the burn pot.
• Now add accelerant. ( use approved accelerant only )
• After adding accelerant to the hardwood A.K.A pellets use a lighter, place the lighter ( long – reach butane lighter ) near the wood pellets and light the pellets. If you have a simple device and you are worried about lighting your fire, try some old newspapers. You can use them to light pellets.
• Be patient and wait for all the pellets to catch fire.
• When pellets burn they turn red around their edges
• Don’t forget to turn on the blower motor and the auger as the auger keeps dropping more hardwoods into the burn pot to maintain the temperature.
You know what is the best feeling when In winter season where cold breeze touches your face and you crave for amazing grilled food or smoked meat you take out your pellet smoker, go to the market and get enough supply of pellets and your favorite meat and then burn the pellets with a lighter and watch them turn red at their edges hear the sound of the blower motor place your meat watch it turn red, I believe red becomes everyone’s favorite because of their love for smoked meat buying smoked meat and making your own are two different things yes I know that buying is easier but tasting the meat that you smoked is the best .
Enjoy the winter season with home smoked meat make your friends and family taste it too do tell us about the feeling when you burned your first pellet on your own.